11 January 2011

Be Very Careful

Sure, that goes without saying with respect to sailing, but this time, it has to do with job hunting. Never update your resume and put it online unless you're prepared to go to work almost immediately. I updated mine last night, and am getting bombarded with calls and emails. I had to turn the ringer off and leave the phone on the charger. New York moves pretty fast.

I'm pretty self-sufficient and have never taken, or even requested, unemployment compensation. Luckily, I've always been able to find a job whenever I wanted. However, I'm also extremely mobile and tend to live in and around large cities, which has a lot do with it. If I was married with kids and living in the middle of nowhere, things could easily be very different.

I still need to figure out a solution for Zoe, but hopefully, that won't be a problem. If I get a job, I may let the yard pull the engine and fix the transmission. I'll ask them to let me work on it too, i.e., replace hoses, paint, etc., but with it out, it'll make life much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers