28 March 2012

On The Gulf

We made it to Cape Coral late yesterday afternoon, and moved to a better anchorage, Glover Bight, this morning. I've been working on getting the boat ready for our short passage over the Gulf for the last several days, and hope to leave tomorrow morning.

I dove down and cleaned most the bottom earlier this afternoon, but had to stop before I could finish because of all stuff in the water made it impossible to see. It was actually pretty clean, so I may or may not try to finish up before we leave. The best part was that the prop looked really good too.

Trip watch:

We're hoping to leave tomorrow morning bound for Mobile, Alabama. It's around 400nm, so I'm figuring about 4 days. However, we won't be too far off the coast of Florida, so we might duck in somewhere along the way if need be. The weather looks really good for the next several days.

The trip here from Titusville went really well, though I did have to sit and wait a day before crossing Lake Okeechobee. We crossed on Monday and had great weather. We even got sail all the way across before loosing the wind. The only bad part of the trip was facing the sun every afternoon for 5 days and getting sunburned -- mainly my bottom lip that wasn't shaded by my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers