06 July 2010

Heat wave

It's going to be another hot one today with a forecast of 98 here in Huntington. I think it only got up to about 93-94 yesterday, but the temp on deck under the cover hovered around 110. Obviously, I can't really do much when it's that hot, but I have been able to get some work done inside the cabin, mainly cleaning, and was able to work on the portholes under the boat in the afternoon when it was really hot. I used green scrubbing pads to clean up the aluminum cover plates. I need to do a little more cleaning on the all the portholes/lights, so I'll probably spend this afternoon under the boat trying to finish up.

Some of them are in bad shape, especially where they seal, so I'm going to use some epoxy putty on them. Not sure if I'll get to that this afternoon, but I want to at least get them ready. I need to finish patching the final holes in the deck, so I'll try to do that as soon as the humidity goes down. The only other job I want to do today is finish up the freshwater system. I have one more locker to clean, then I can remount the pump and connect the new hoses. I was able to clean the bilge out yesterday with the shop vac, so I may try to flush the tank one more time before I connect it up.

Zoe watch:

Zoe's holding up pretty well in the heat. I shaved her again yesterday and wet her down a couple of times. She's under the boat right now, and I moved the thermometer down there so I could keep an eye on it. It's only around 80 right now, but we're still in the shade. In another hour, we'll be in full sunshine and it will stay like that for about 10 hours. It's going to be brutal today, but I'll move down there with her in a couple hours and spend the rest of the day under the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers