04 July 2010

No more Google news

A couple of years ago, I discovered google news and got hooked. It was okay, and had a few ways you could customize it, but other than weather, I preferred to keep the defaults. You could quickly get an overview of about a dozen general categories and use it to track a particular person or story.

Well, I guess someone decided that wasn't good enough, so they've enhanced it, and after a few days of struggling with it, I've decided to drop it for now and go back to reviewing the half dozen news outlets I like, e.g., the New York Times, LA Times, Seattle P-I, the Guardian, Le Monde, Washington Post, Houston Chronicle, MLB, etc.

Besides the fact that I didn't like the new format, I was miffed that the weather forecast was completely wrong -- it wasn't even for the right days. I hope they don't decide to revamp the blogs too. I'll still use google for everything else, but will probably avoid the news page until they fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers