07 July 2010

Record High of 102 in Huntington

It was truly brutal yesterday and officially reached 102. That's 22 degrees higher than normal. I kept wetting down the cover and ground under and around the boat to keep things cool. However, it was still over 110 under the cover on the deck. I ended up working under the boat from about 11am on, but didn't get too much done.

Today is much better, but I think I'll take Zoe down to the pub to watch the Germany-Spain match this afternoon. I should have done that yesterday, but once it got really hot, we just hunkered down and tried to stay cool. We'll go down a little early to avoid the hottest part of the day, but will still have to walk in it for about a 1/4 mile. I'll wet her down before we leave.

I'm not really pulling for any particular team in the World Cup, but it would be cool if Spain wins today because that would mean the the ultimate winner will be a team who's never won before. The Dutch have been closer, so I think they deserve it more,and a Dutch win would make USA look better since our loss, and all the subsequent margins, have been very close. Also, a Dutch-German final would probably be the most interesting.

Ham License watch:

Due to the heat, I haven't studied as much as I would have liked, but still feel good about it. Now, I just hope it cools off enough that I can go take it and not have to worry about leaving Zoe behind. It's the last exam, and I'd like to get it out of the way before I leave. Otherwise, it may be difficult. The forecast for Saturday is 83, which is almost normal, so if that holds, it won't be a problem.

Zoe watch:

She's over next to the boat in the shade, and I'll move her under the boat as soon as I sign off. The high today is only supposed to be around 93, so I think she'll be okay. However, I may try to trim her a little more and give her a bath before we walk down to the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers