21 June 2011

iPhone Update

I decided to get an iPhone after my launch got delayed, and I had a problem with both my blackberry (junk) and laptop (running windows, so it's junk too). Since I can't update the blog direct with my phone's browser, I'm going to try to use the email posting feature -- please forgive any typo's since I can't do any editing after a post.

I'm planning to have a little launch party on Saturday, but probably won't launch till early next week. I still have lots of work to do, but it's getting close.

I installed the new chainplates last week and plan to fill the cover plate holes and caulk them today. I finished making up all the new wire except for the backstay -- had to order a new wire after a messed one up, but it's still much cheaper than having a rigger do it -- and still need to reassemble the roller furler on the forestay.

I'll try to get the transmission fixed and reinstalled today or tomorrow, then start working on the cockpit drains -- those parts should arrive today. I still need to finish the head, so I may work on it from time to time. I just need to route and connect hoses, but might need to cut or enlarge some holes in the bulkheads.

There are several others tasks I need to finish before I can sail, e.g., non-skid the deck, but those can wait till I get into the water. It's already way too hot in the boatyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers