09 September 2011

Up and Running

I'm finally back up and running, however, I'm not happy about the engine alignment, so I plan to keep an eye on it. It turns out that the coupling that slides onto the spline fits up into the seal, so when it came loose, and slipped down, it broke the seal and let all the fluid leak out.

Once I put it back on and tightened the nut, the leak stopped. I tried to pull the transmission, but the silicon gasket material I used held too well, and I couldn't get it off. I was able to pull the other side of the coupling off the shaft, which gave me enough room to work, so I slid the coupling back on the spline, tightened up the nut, and did my best to pin it.

I got it all back together, so for the time being, it's okay. I'll keep an eye on it and re-tighten it if I notice a leak. I guess it's just one of those things you have to check every time you run the engine. I plan to pull the whole thing in Houston, so I'll fix it correctly down there.

I'm going to try to do some sailing this weekend, and try to get over to Huntington to buy provisions either this weekend or next week. I also want to go over my list and make sure I can get everything done and get out of here by the middle of next month.

Time's getting short...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers