12 June 2010

Passed the General Exam

Passed the General Exam here in Huntington this morning. I only missed one, so I gave the Extra Exam a try, but only got about 24 out of 50 right -- you need 37 to pass. Not sure if I'll try again --the Extra license really doesn't give you that many more frequencies -- but a lot of the information encompassed in the exam is definitely stuff I need know, so I'll probably continue to review it anyway. However, they only have exam sessions here in Huntington every couple of months, so I'm not even sure if I'll still be around for the next one. If I am, I'll definitely take it. I know I'll be here for at least another month or so.

I'm also considering requesting a shorter call-sign, but believe I need to wait for my General Exam results to appear online before I can do that. It only took about a week for the results of my Technician Exam to appear, so it might be there by the end of next week.

To celebrate, I think I'll take the afternoon off and watch the US "beat the hell out of" England. (that's the way Aggies normally put it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers