06 August 2010

Boat Photos

Although I haven't started painting yet -- the wind is blowing a bit too hard right now -- I thought I'd go ahead and share some photos of the deck. You'll notice that there are a bunch of lines tying the frame together. I added all them them myself after the original 1x4 purlin started coming loose. I replaced them with old halyards I ran from the fore and aft pulpits about 3-4' off the deck.

That was enough to strengthen it, but in order to paint, I needed to get the rafter feet up off the deck, so I added another band of purlin about a foot off the deck, then used additional lies to create collars, some of which I had to trice up midway in order to clear the coach roof -- that's the funny looking offset triangle you see over the coach roof in the middle of most of the photos. This enabled me to place the feet on the toe rail without having the slip off the side.

The large yellow areas in the peak, along the sides of the coach roof, and around the mast step are where I had to peel up the top layer of lament and replace the rotted out cork core. Most of that was done back late 2007, however, I did have to fix about 5 small areas in the cockpit over the last few months. I'll post photos of them once I'm done with the forward areas. I'll try to get some photos of Zoe too.











1 comment:

Followers