02 August 2010

Drew Carey

I read today that Drew Carey just lost 80 pounds. Good for him. I've only dropped about 10 since I moved on board, but I think he'd gotten quite heavy; I'm about the same as I was when I was 20, and wear the same size clothes as well, so I doubt I'll loose much more.

I haven't had a tv for a long time, but I think I remember seeing his show a few times. Although I knew he'd been in the Corps, it was hard to tell there'd been a Marine under all that extra weight, and I didn't know until today that we'd both enlisted the same year, 1980. I was in about 9 years total, with about 5 on active duty, but it looks like he only did his obligatory 6 years, probably all in the reserves. There's a photo of him as a corporal in camies on his wikipedia page -- looks like a totally different guy. Semper fi Drew...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers