23 August 2010

Moved the boat

Tommy moved the boat for me this afternoon, so other than stowing some gear underneath and running extension cords, she's all set. She was in the North East corner next to the pyromaniacs, and now she's in the South East corner next to the supermarket parking lot.

Zoe watch:

I got the boat ready to move this morning, so I spent a couple hours this afternoon hanging out with Zoe waiting for them to come over and move me. We got a lot of rain last night, but it's been nice all afternoon. It's overcast, but the high is only around 70 and the lows last night and tonight around 65. I'm still getting used to the small spread -- I'm used to Houston where it can be 20 degrees or more, whereas up here it can be as small as 4-5. Zoe's pretty calm, so she ended up just sleeping in my lap most of the time.

Poison ivy watch:

Looks like it's finally starting to go away. I got what appears to be a secondary outbreak on my hands and legs, but other than a large patch on my right thigh just above my knee which is swelling a bit, it's already starting to dry up and go away. The original patches have all dried up and peeled. I think the cool weather is helping.

Boat watch:

I did a little work on the deck today, but plan to start full days again tomorrow -- assuming the poison ivy continues to abate. I'm going to do a little more fairing, i.e., smoothing, on the deck, particularly near the drains, before I start painting. I bought some dewaxer, so I think I've got everything I need now. I'm starting to get excited again, so hopefully the last little bit will go quickly.

Hurricane watch:

Looks like it's about to pick up after a slow start. Hopefully, I'll get some nice weather for a while so I can finish up and get her into the water in September and be able to sail her a bit to make sure everything's okay. If all goes well, I'd like to head South sometime in October. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers