30 September 2010

Called Interlux

I was searching online to get hints on how to improve my tipping, and on one of the sailing forums, I guy recommended contacting the Interlux hotline for help, and left the number, so I called.

The guy at Interlux was really nice, and after I explained the problems I was having, he told me that tipping the primer wasn't really necessary, and can sometimes make things worse. I mentioned that I'd gotten this technique from an Interlux "how to" video, but he said that it really depended on a lot of factors, and doing it myself, I was still probably better off not tipping. He also told me the the polyurethane I'm going to use, Profection, lays down much better (like night and day) and that I should just save the tipping for it. It's really designed for the tipping method, as apposed to spraying.

Based on what I did on Sunday, I think he's probably right; However, I'll keep a piece of roller handy (the brush didn't really work well at all) to tip when I touch up the primer -- perhaps this afternoon. It's still overcast, but the humidity is down to just over 60%. He said that as long as it was under around 70-75%, I should be okay.

Zoe watch:

She finally ate and is feeling better, but now it's me that isn't feeling too great. It's probably the weather, but I've had headaches all day, didn't sleep well, and now my stomach is acting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers