07 September 2010

Day off

Was really tired yesterday, so I ended up taking the day off. I did a few things in the cabin, but stayed off the deck. I ended up spending most of the day reading Creamer's book. He's approaching the Horn.

Zoe watch:

As soon as I finish my coffee, we'll go for our morning walk. Ever since I cleaned up the cabin and stowed more gear in lockers, she's been sleeping on the sole up in the forecastle. She likes it up there because at the very peak, it's only as wide as she is, and she can curl up in a ball. The sole is only flat in the center, and curves up along the sides and as it goes forward. It doesn't curve as much as the hull, it more or less follows that shape. So, in addition to being smaller, the forecastle is also a little higher, and she likes that too.

She also likes climbing up on things to get a better view. That's why she loves being on deck, because she's about 15' above the ground and can guard the entire boat yard. She's mainly on the lookout for cats, rabbits, and raccoons -- that's mostly what we see around here. Unfortunately for her, I've been keeping her off the deck lately to cut down on the hair while I work on it. Hopefully, I'll be able to give her back the foredeck soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers