30 September 2010

Wet Day

It looks like we're in for a couple days of heavy rain. The street in front of the boat yard is flooded, so we had to go out a side gate next to the supermarket to get out for our walk this morning. I'm not sure If I'll be able to get much done today, but I'm going to try to finish up the sanding. The third coat didn't go on as well as I'd hoped, so it needed a good deal of sanding.

I'll try to use the shop light to finish up. I just need to do the starboard side deck, the vertical sections, the curves, and the sliding hatch -- I finished the rest of it yesterday. Unfortunately, there are still a few rough stops in the deck, mainly the port side near the companionway, so I think I'll fill/fair them this afternoon and touch them up tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully that won't take too long. If all goes well, I can roll a finish coat on Sunday. The forecast calls for more rain next week, but if I can get a finish coat on, I can start remounting hardware. The non-skid and further touch ups will have to come later.

I also need to caulk under the toerail. The inside edge is mostly ready, I just need to remove the tape and clean it; However, I still need to scrap the old caulk out of most of over half the outside edge. I also have a couple places that need to be repaired. Anyway, I may try to do most of the inside edge this week. I'm going to mask off the toerail itself and the deck and try to force the caulk into the crack. I don't want to leave a bead at this point, however, I may come back and lay one down after I'm done painting.

Zoe watch:

She seems to have an upset stomach today -- she's been eating grass lately. She didn't eat much last night and had some issues this morning on the walk, but I think she'll be okay. She's under the boat right now, but I'm going to go down and take her for another quick walk then bring her on board. Maybe she'll eat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers