14 December 2011

Going Outside

I got everything I needed to get done in order to go outside, including the wind vane, so I plan to start out bright and early tomorrow and go directly to Fernandina Beach. I'll stay close in so I can tuck in if I run into any problems, but the boat and weather both look great, so I don't foresee any.

I'm going to try to sail only, but the winds might be a little light. That means I may have to use some power, alter my destination, or go an extra night. With a multi day weather window and such a short trip, about as far as Sandy Hook to Cape May, it should be fun and relaxing.

I've still got a lot of work to, but I did get up the mast and take care of the topping lift and antenna. Did I mention I don't like heights? This was probably the best climb so far, but I can't say I liked it. I got my work done and came down. Then I had a scotch, which made it much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers