13 December 2011

Winter and Holiday Plans

While Judah was down, we talked about the trip, and I've pretty much decided to go a bit further south and wait till spring before continuing on to Texas. I guess my choices are the Keys or the Bahamas. The Bahamas will cost $150 for a three month cruising permit, but other than that, it shouldn't be too bad.

The Keys would be free, but in either case, I'll still need to buy provisions from time to time, so the Keys, or southern Florida, might be a better option. I may also try to work on the boat a bit and do some sailing. I'm not sure which one would be better, perhaps both, but I'll look into it and decide once I get a little further south and into the warmer weather.

I've spent a lot of holidays traveling, so that's no big deal. In fact, I might have spent a majority of them either traveling or at least by myself. I like to move around a lot, but tend to prefer moving to a new place for a while as opposed to vacation traveling -- don't take many conventional vacations.

I just got back from shopping, so we're about ready to go -- just need to get water and fuel. We'll stay in the ICW till we reach Beaufort, SC, then go outside down to Fernandina, either Thursday or Friday, so we have plenty of time to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers