06 December 2011

Slowing down

I'm near Myrtle Beach and sorta worn out from all the excitement of the last few days, so I'm getting a slow start this morning. I'm only going to try to make Georgetown today before dark. That's only 30 miles, so I should easily make it if I leave before 1100.

The weather outside is still too lumpy, so I'll stay inside for a few more days. I'll be in Beaufort in about three days, and would like to go outside from there and cut the corner down to Fernandina Beach on an overnighter. Hopefully the weather will improve by then.

Other than being really tired, all's going well. I think I'm even learning something -- at least I hope I am. I can't wait to get back outside to try a few things. The ICW down here is too narrow and protected to do any sailing at all. I might be able to do some in Charleston, but haven't checked yet. I'm also anxious to try out my new sailing dinghy, but need to get a sail first. Maybe I can find one in Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers