04 December 2010

Small Craft Advisory

It looks like I'll be around till at least the middle of next week. Here's the current marine forecast from the National Weather Service:
.MARINE...
LOW PRESSURE OVER THE CANADIAN MARITIMES THE NEXT FIVE DAYS WILL
RESULT IN A PROLONGED PERIOD OF SCA CONDITIONS DUE TO THE STRONG W
TO NW FLOW FROM THIS SYSTEM. AS THE LOW DEEPENS RAPIDLY SUNDAY
NIGHT INTO MONDAY...A PERIOD OF GALE FORCE GUSTS ARE POSSIBLE ON
THE LOCAL WATERS.

TRANQUIL CONDITIONS ARE NOT FORECAST TO RETURN UNTIL THURSDAY.
I'm not even sure I want to go out for a short shakedown sail until it calms down. It's also cold as hell right now, and won't get back up to normal temps -- still in the lower 40's -- till the end of next week. But that's okay, I've got plenty to keep me busy, however, as I said before, I don't want to wear out my welcome, so I don't want to stay any longer than necessary.

It's pretty windy today, but I should still be able to go up the mast. However, since I'm probably going to be around for a few more days, I can wait for better opportunity if it's too windy this afternoon -- there's really no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers