14 December 2010

Snow Photos


Here are a couple of photos of the boat. I took them from the patio of the restaurant next door, and as you can see, she's covered in a about an inch or two of snow. You might also notice the canvas on the starboard side deck. The decks are so slick I had to roll that out so I could get on and off the boat with Zoe.

In fact, it works so well that I'm thinking of cutting sections and adding grommets so I can tie it down in place to provide a little bit better footing for my trip south. It's too cold to paint on non-skid, but except for a few places where the slope is too great, the canvas stays in place and provides an excellent non-skid surface. A lot of older wooden boats had canvas decks, so I think it's a viable alternative given the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers