22 December 2010

Winterizing

I'm trying to get the boat winterized today. I finished the head and will do the engine after lunch. I haven't decided whether or not I'll do the fresh water system today. It sorta depends on if I still have enough anti-freeze left over after I finish the engine. I've got about a gallon and a half left, and don't think it should take too much to do the engine, but it goes really fast.

I'll start with a 5 gallon bucket full of water and get her started, then pour in the anti-freeze once it gets low. Hopefully, a gallon will be plenty. If so, that'll leave me a half gallon for the fresh water. I think that will be enough, It's just going to one pump, and I can drain it. However, I want to siphon out some garbage from the bottom of my main tank before I do anything else.

I might throw a little into the bilge too, but I'm planning to use the wet vac to dry it out once I've got everything else done. It will still gather a little until I get her covered, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Email watch:

I have a new email. I'm going to switch from gmail.com to gmx.com and use my ham callsign, nv5l@. Once I get my ham rig up and running, I'll be using my call sign at winlink.org. I'll use that on the boat, but will continue to use the gmx one when online -- don't want a lot of garbage coming in over the radio and sucking up bandwidth. Winlink has a pretty good filter, so that might work out well for everything, but your email only stays after if you've used it within the last 6 months, so it's not permanent like gmx or gmail.

I was going to use gmail with my call sign, but they don't allow addresses less the 6 characters -- who knows. But I sorta like switching to gmx anyway -- Google already knows too much about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers