22 July 2011

Hot Weather

I'm sure glad global warming's a hoax, otherwise, I'd be really concerned about the marked increase in extreme weather we've been having over the last few years. It's supposed to hit 100 both today and tomorrow, and I haven't even made it to Texas yet -- this is still Long Island Sound.

Obviously, progress will slow down a bit, but I should be able to get a few things done this morning. Looks like a good day for a swim too.

Zoe watch:

She's doing great, and gets better every day. I expect she'll be an able bodied seadog (ABS) in no time.

However, she still has a habit of getting under foot whenever she gets scared -- mostly due to loud noises. This could be dangerous, for both of us, so I'll need to establish a system to deal with it. Other than a tether or kennel, I'm not sure how to handle it.

The problem is that these situations can come up quickly, so if she's not already tethered, I may not have time to take care of her. Perhaps that means she'll need to be tethered almost all the time. I haven't been tethering her at anchor, but so far, I've always done so underway. I guess it's just something we'll have to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers