24 July 2011

Solar Panel

It's overcast and relatively cool today. Although it's much more pleasant than it's been, it's still in the low 80's. In fact, I'm not sure it even dropped below 80 last night.

I took Zoe for a short swim earlier, and have spent most of the morning so far reading and drinking coffee. I'm trying to finish up a book about captain Voss, who circumnavigated in a dugout canoe he rigged as a 3 masted schooner in the early 1900's -- very entertaining book.

Boat watch:

I hope to get the solar panel mounted today. I have it secured in place on the coach roof between the mast and the companionway, and although it sorta interferes with the deck organizer and is often partially shaded by the boom, I don't see any other option at this point.

I need to drill holes through the top layer of deck laminate, remove an area of cork core underneath, fill the void with epoxy, then drill the finish holes all the way through so they won't leak. I'll probably have to leave the finish holes and actual mounting until tomorrow.

I'll probably do a few other things today too, but that's the main thing. Once it's mounted securely, and the weather cools off a bit, I plan to start taking daily sails. I hope to start non-skidding the decks next week. Although that will take a while to finish and I wouldn't take it to sea without them, it shouldn't keep me from taking short day sails here in the bay or the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers