09 November 2011

On to Annapolis

We had to go up the Sassafras river a few miles to get fuel, so I stayed at a marina for the night. I was down to less than 5 gallons -- I have a 30 gallon tank, with an extra 5 gallons on deck, so I was already into my reserves.

I'll PM my engine this morning, then head south with the tide, bound for the Annapolis area. There's still not much wind, so I'll probably have to motor much of the way. I'd prefer to sail, but the weather's getting colder, and we need to get going -- hope Zoe understands. Depending on how things go, I'll either anchor just north or just south of Annapolis. I've been to Annapolis before, so no need to visit on this trip.

In fact, I went to the Marine Corps Rugby Training Camp there while I was still with 2nd Tank Bn at Camp Lejeune. I helped all the good players get orders, so I figured I'd get a set for myself as well. It was a lot of fun, and for those interested, I wasn't selected for the team, but did get to play on the second team against the Army's second team -- I think we won our match (in spite of me) and our first team won the inter-service title. I don't remember the date, but it was summer, and prior to my joining the 26th MAU in the fall of 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers