15 October 2010

All White

The rain held off till around 1600 yesterday, which enabled me to get the cockpit (mostly) primed and dry to the touch. The last part was really important, because otherwise, it would have been difficult to get Zoe back on board once the rain did start.

It looks pretty good, but I don't have time to get it as smooth as the forward section -- that'll have to wait till I get to Houston. But now the whole deck, except for the cockpit sole, is finally white, which is a really big deal. I've been working on her, off and on, for just over 3 years, so it's nice to see it finally coming together.

We're expecting rain all day today and heavy wind tomorrow, but should have nice weather for the following 3 days. I'm pretty sure I can get at least one finish coat on the cockpit area during that time. However, I'm not sure when I can start remounting hardware, or how long that will take.

Zoe watch:

She's back on schedule and hanging out in the cabin today. I've decided to keep her off the deck until the painting is completely done, i.e., one more coat forward, plus about 3 days to harden. She doesn't seem to mind too much, but I'm sure she'll be happy to have free reign of the deck again, though I'll still tether her in the cockpit whenever we're underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers