17 October 2010

Cooler Weather

It doesn't look like it's going to warm up much before it's time to leave, so I'm going to have to try to get the last few coats down under marginal conditions. It's warm enough during the day, but dips down below 50 at night. That's not terrible, but it does slow down and extend the drying times.

I sanded the cockpit yesterday, so I'll roll another coat as soon as it warms up. Depending on how it looks, that might be the last coat. It's not as smooth as I'd like, but at this point it's good enough. By using 2-part for both the primer and finish paint, I can sand and fix anything later without removing the finish.

I need to wait several days to let the finish coat get hard enough before I even walk on it, so it'll be next weekend before I can even think of remounting the hardware in the cockpit. I don't think that'll be a problem -- I doubt I'd be ready to start mounting it any sooner anyway -- but it does push me right up to the self imposed deadline of Monday the 25th.

I hope I'm ready by the 25th, but probably won't actually go in until sometime later in the week. Apart from the work I still need to do, I'd like to start getting provisions while I'm right next door to the super market. However, I need to get the cabin cleaned out first, so everything depends on getting the hardware remounted and the deck dry so I can remove the cover and start stowing all my gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers