20 October 2010

Berkman's on 1st

With Texiera out for the season, Berkman's starting at 1st. Although I'm still rooting for Texas, it would nice see Berkman play a few more games and do well.

It's too cold for the cetol, so I can't really put on another coat today. Looks like I'll just have to go with a single coat -- the coat I put on yesterday was still tacky the last time I checked. I'll give them another day and try to start mounting the handrails and portholes tomorrow. I did fair the holes for the winch and deck organizer I filled the other day, so they should be ready to prime tomorrow. I can wait to re-mount that stuff till later, so it won't hold me up.

It's already getting cold, so I've decided not to put down another primer coat in the cockpit. However, I will roll a coat of finish coat on just the places I need to mount stuff, but this will probably be the only one since I'm running out of time. That'll mean I can start remounting hardware and the coamings, in the cockpit this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have everything else mounted by then.

I also did some work on the mast today. I removed the turnbuckles and put them in a kerosene bath to loosen up the grease and gunk on them. That way, they'll be clean when we step the mast next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers