23 October 2010

Schedule Slip (plus before photos)

The recent cold weather has caused the schedule to slip a bit -- everything is taking much longer to harden and dry. I think I'll still get her in the water next week, but it will probably be toward the end of the week, not the beginning. I'm going to cetol the toerails today, but I won't do anything else to the deck other than roll some non-skid when I get a chance. However, that may have to wait until she's in the water.

Before I bought the boat, I had her surveyed by Gene Barnes, a marine surveyor from Gloucester, Massachusetts. Gene did a great job and I've followed most of the suggestions he put in the survey. He also dropped by the boat once while I had her up in Marion and gave me some advice on the deck on bottom work I did right after I bought her, which really helped.

The survey included a few photos of the boat as she looked before I got her, so I called Gene a couple of days ago and asked if he could email me copies of them -- I only had a hard copy. It took him a few minutes, but he found them while I was on the phone and sent them to me right away.

Here are the before photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers