10 October 2010

Cold Night

It got down to the mid 40's last night. I had the little electric heater running, so it didn't get too cold in the cabin, .e.g., Zoe didn't even need to get in my bag to stay warm, but I did have trouble sleeping. My sore leg and foot made it difficult to get comfortable, and around 2 AM, the wind picked up, so I had to get dressed and go down and secure the tie downs for the cover. I don't think there was any danger of it blowing off, but it was making a bit of noise. It died back down as soon as I was back in my bunk, and there's no wind at all right now. However, the forecast calls for 20 mph winds this afternoon, so I'll have to paint with the cover down -- hope there's enough light to see what I'm doing.

Boat watch:

The final primer coat on the forward section of the deck looks pretty good. I didn't finish sanding yesterday, but only have a small area left to do. I'll try to finish it up this morning, re-tape the toerail, and start rolling the first finish coat this afternoon. The high is only 67 today, so I'll need to let the boat warm up first, and probably won't have a very long window to paint, but I think I can get most of it done today. I'm using Interlux Perfection, and bought it in quarts. It looks like a full quart will be more than enough to do the whole forward section, but I'll mix up half to start and see how far I get before I mix the rest. I still haven't figured out a good way to keep a wet edge, but I'll try to work that out as well.

Zoe watch:

She likes the cooler weather. There seems to be a lot of activity in the boatyard after dark, so she's on high alert once the sun goes down. We see rabbits almost every night on our walks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers