20 October 2010

Teak

I finally got around to the teak. I spent most of yesterday cleaning and sanding the coamings, the handrails and companionway boards were already in pretty good shape, then I put a coat of cetol on everything. It all looks pretty good, but the coamings will need a little more work at some point. I'll also need to cetol the teak plugs in the handrails once I've mounted them. I'm going to put another coat on as soon as it warms up.

That means that I could start remounting the handrails tomorrow. I need to mount them, and the deck organizer first while I can still reach through the holes for the portholes to get to the other side. Once they're on, I can start remounting the portholes.

I still need to start working on the toerails, so hopefully, I can make some progress on them today as well. I spoke to Tommy about going in next week, and he told me that I can go in whenever I want -- I guess that means I could even wait an extra week if necessary. It'll be close, but I'm still hoping to get the deck dry and take the cover off by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers