01 October 2010

Mail

I just got a big package of mail from my sister Karen. I've been trying to cut down on the amount of mail I've been getting, but was surprised at how much mail I got from my bank (and an old bank from several years ago) as well as promotional stuff from ARRL and AARP. I've contacted everyone and asked them to put me on the "do not mail" list, but it might take a while for it to kick in.

I honestly don't think there's anything I should be getting other than the Bloomberg (my previous employer, i.e., W2), the IRS (tax stuff), the FCC (Ham license stuff), my accountant (more tax stuff), and my retirement accounts (need to get a handle on them). But you never know, so it's good she's willing to forward the stuff. I just need to make sure she doesn't have to deal with a bunch of garbage. I'm especially unhappy with BoA -- I had to jump through hoops to go paperless in the first place, but now I had to call several different departments to ask to be taken off each list. Maybe it's time to switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers