18 October 2010

Need Canvas Color Suggestions

I need help deciding what color canvas to buy. Right now, I have white sails, snow white decks, a lot of dark teak (big toe rails, hand rails, and cockpit coamings), dark blue topsides, and (some) royal blue canvas that needs to be replaced -- the dodger and main sail cover are completely shot. I'm planning to repaint the topsides dark red at some point, but will need to start replacing canvas as quickly as possible.

I also want to add more canvas, e.g., bimini, cockpit weathercloths, boom awning, winch covers, etc., and plan to make most of it myself, so I wanted to go ahead and buy some canvas by the yard. I should have plenty of time on my trip south, so I'd like to get it before I leave and try to make a few simple things on the way down. Now I just need to figure out what color to buy.

The current canvas is royal blue, but that's really boring, and almost every boat has the same stuff. So, I'm thinking of getting an off white. A little darker than the deck, but not too dark. However, color is not my forte -- in fact, like most men, I'm a little color blind. Anyway, if anyone reads this and has any ideas, that would be great. Needless to say, I have zero fashion sense.

Oh, and Zoe is black with a white muzzle, chest, and front paws -- in case that matters.

Update:

Here's a link to the Sunbrella Color Samples at Defender (I'm sorta leaning toward a grey): Sunbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers