26 November 2010

Broken Toenail

Not me, Zoe. I looked online for what to do -- can't really afford a vet -- but they say I should cut it off, etc... It's painful to even think about it. Sure, I could do my own, but not Zoe.

Perhaps it's best it happened now -- I need to be able to handle this sort of thing, perhaps even for myself, and the vet is across the street in case I need them. However, I don't really have the right sort of supplies for this kind of thing. I could fix it with epoxy, but that's probably not the right solution. I guess I'll try to immobilize it tonight and try to take care of it tomorrow. I have no idea what should go in a first aid kit, but know enough to know that the ones you can buy are a waste of money. Suggestions?

I just can't figure out how she did it. We were on the foredeck watching the parade of boats -- which was great -- and she must have caught it on something. All the sudden, she was limping and kept licking her right, rear paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers