19 November 2010

Splash Day

Today's the day. She should go in sometime this afternoon, so this will be my final post here in the yard. As soon as we get back from our walk this morning, I'll remove the cover, bring the rest of my stuff on board, and secure everything. It's just a short trip, but I want to make sure nothing falls or rubs while they move her.

I also need to make sure all the thru-hulls are accessible (and currently closed) so I can check them as soon as she hits the water. Luckily, there's no rain in the forecast for the next few days, so I can leave some stuff on deck and won't worry about the last few things that haven't yet been remounted.

Once the boat's ready to go, I'll start working on the mast. I need to reeve all the halyards, mount the new radar reflector, and put the lights and other instruments back on. I also need to make up my new antenna out of an old wire halyard. That might seem like a lot, but I shouldn't take more than about an hour or so.

My next post will be from Huntington Harbor, but you may have till wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers