17 November 2010

Strong Winds

We had a lot of wind and rain last night which turned into a really nice partly cloudy day. However, the winds picked up again after dark and are gusting to over 50 mph. I've got the cover tied down fairly well, but it still makes a lot of noise. I didn't sleep much last night, but hope I can catch up tonight -- the wind's supposed to die down sometime after 0100.

Boat watch:

I got all 4 large portlights mounted today. They went in pretty well and look great, so I hope they won't leak. I still have to put in the plexiglass, but will do that tomorrow. I need to use a different type of caulk for that, so when I switch over and I'll also do the cockpit bilge pump and solar vent, both of which are plastic.

I don't have too much left, but still don't think I can get it all done before I go in. I think Tommy will put me in on Friday. I'll have to spend most of that day getting the mast ready and everything on board, so all I've got left is tomorrow. I still need to buy provisions, but will try to keep busy and get as much done as possible before dark, then go over to the supermarket after we take our walk.

Leak watch:

Before I covered the boat about 20 months ago, it had several deck leaks, mainly along the starboard side toerail and portholes. Now that I've done all this work, I'll be really curious to see if I was able to fix them all. I know it'll be much better, but I really hope I got'em all. I guess I'll find out in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers