28 August 2011

Irene Passes Nearby, AWOB

We got a lot of wind, still getting a few gusts near 60, but Irene's pretty well done all she's going to do here. The rain's mostly stopped as well, but I expect it to stay overcast the rest of the day and into the night.

We had absolutely no damage, however, there are a few things I'll add to the list for the Houston refit. Mostly adjustments to my ground tackle setup, as well as more cleats and chocks.

With the sails off, I'll go ahead and adjust the headstay, and re-tune the rig. I'll also see if I can rig a new topping lift -- I don't like the current system at all. I'll probably setup the reefing gear and trysail track as well.

And of course fix the transmission coupling. I just need pull it apart, screw the nut back on and pin it. I'll wait for a calm day since I have to crawl down in the bilge to do it.

Zoe watch:

She came through her first hurricane with flying colors. There were a few times, mainly at the height of the storm when the entire boat shook with the wind and heeled over from side to side that she got a bit concerned, but that didn't last long.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God you and Zoe are okay. Give me a call when you can. Love you. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Followers